How to Build a Grass Driveway
Ask - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook uses grass pavers to transform a patch of grass into a lawn a homeowner can drive on
In this video, Ask - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook uses grass pavers to transform a patch of grass into a lawn a homeowner can drive on.
1. Call utility locating service to make sure it's safe to dig where you are installing pavers.
2. Using shovels, dig down about 6 inches from street grade level.
3. Compact soil using a tamper.
4. Put down 2 to 3 inches of ¾-inch crushed stone. Compact it using a tamper and repeat.
5. Lay paver tile about an inch below grade.
6. Snap the pieces together.
7. To stagger the joints, cut pieces in half using a reciprocating saw and attach.
8. Once all pavers are in place, fill in the grid with loam.
9. Even out the loam using a push broom.
10. Water the soil to help compact it into the honeycomb grid.
11. Lay down sod across the grid. As an alternative to sod, you could plant grass seed.