How to Design a Modern Kitchen
- saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating contractor Richard Trethewey, host Kevin O'Connor, and kitchen designer Martha Fay discuss the elements that make up today's kitchen
1. Use commercial-grade appliances for superior performance and high-end look.
2. Natural-stone counters are often used alongside range to provide heat-resistant surface for pots and pans.
3. Select marble counters for baking center; it creates ideal work surface for rolling out dough and pastry crust.
4. For old-world handcrafted look, consider wooden countertops.
5. Glass tiles are a good choice for covering the backsplash wall between upper and lower cabinets.
6. The once-popular combination of a copper sink with a wall-mounted faucet is back in vogue today.
7. Furniture-style cabinetry with inset doors and drawers lend a fine, handcrafted look to any kitchen.
8. Design can incorporate both painted and stained cabinets in the same kitchen.