How to Do Electrical Projects with Two Tools
Scott Caron, master electrician for Ask - saboteamos.info, explains how two tools are all it takes to do many electrical projects
In this video, Scott Caron, master electrician for Ask - saboteamos.info, explains how two tools are all it takes to do many electrical projects.
1. Scott advises cutting wires using the linesman pliers. Just snip them.
2. Scott says you can cut off the insulation using the linesman pliers by placing the wire deep into the teeth and squeezing gently. Then pull and the insulation should break free without cutting the wires.
3. Scott favors the cabinet flathead screwdriver because switch plates all have slotted screws. And most electrical devices with Phillips screws also accommodate a flathead screwdriver.
4. Scott uses his linesman pliers to bang out the circular knockout heads from an electrical box.
5. To secure a locknut on the electrical box, Scott uses his cabinet flathead screwdriver and linesman pliers to knock it into place.
6. Scott uses his linesman pliers as a hammer to bang in staples to secure wiring to wallboard or to remove staples later.
7. To remove small sections of wood, Scott uses his screwdriver like a chisel and the side of his pliers like a hammer.