How to Edge a Garden Bed
Creating a fresh garden edge with - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook creates a clean garden edge.
1. Remove and discard all old plastic edging from garden bed.
2. Use metal edger to cut into ground along edge of existing garden bed.
3. Lay garden hose on ground to establish the outline of the newly expanded garden bed.
4. Cut down into the grass along the hose with a metal edger.
Pull back on the edger's handle to form a shallow trench along the garden bed.
5. Use a shovel to remove grass from within the newly expanded garden bed.
6. Spread 2 to 3 inches of pine-bark mulch over the soil to deter weed growth.
Smooth out the mulch with a rake.
7. Move some of the perennials from the old garden into new bed.
8. Thoroughly water the transplanted plants.