How to Install a Gas Fireplace Insert
Upgrading an old wood-burning fireplace with - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating contractor Richard Trethewey
In this video, - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating contractor Richard Trethewey upgrades an old wood-burning fireplace.
1. Run electrical power to fireplace and install a duplex receptacle.
2. Remove existing chimney cap and damper from top of chimney.
3. Drop both airflow intake and exhaust liners down the chimney flue.
4. Use high-temperature silicone sealant to secure top plate to chimney top.
5. Screw a termination fitting onto ends of the liners.
6. Install a weatherproof cap onto the termination fitting.
7. Insert a chimney cap into the furnace flue.
8. Run new gas line to fireplace.
9. Connect a flexible gas-supply line to gas line in the fireplace.
10. Plug in the power cord from the fireplace insert.
11. Make final gas connection between flexible gas-supply line and fireplace insert.
12. Slide the insert into place, then turn on the gas.
13. Make exhaust and intake connections at top of insert using high-temperature silicone sealant.
14. Install glass doors to the fireplace insert.
15. Test fireplace insert using the remote control.