How to Install a GPS-Enabled Smart Thermostat
Ask - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating contractor Richard Trethewey installs a thermostat that can be programmed automatically from a smart phone
- Before doing any work, turn off power to the heating/cooling system.
- Disconnect and remove the old thermostat. If it contains mercury, it needs to be disposed of properly. Check local regulations for more information.
- Feed the wires through the thermostat, level the thermostat, and screw it to the wall.
- Use the app to help determine the correct wiring configuration for your system.
- Push the thermostat wires into the correct terminal.
- Attach the cover to the thermostat and configure through the app.
Richard travels to Pittsburgh to install a thermostat that interfaces with a smartphone to save energy and money.
Richard installed the Lyric thermostat, which is manufactured by .
Expert assistance with this project was provided by .