How to Install a Home Wind Turbine
Renewable-energy expert Ross Trethewey shows Ask - saboteamos.info host Kevin O'Connor why Texas is the ideal environment for a wind turbine
In this video, Ask - saboteamos.info renewable-energy expert Ross Trethewey shows host Kevin O'Connor why Texas is the ideal environment for a wind turbine.
1. Dig a hole 9 feet in diameter and fill it with concrete for the footing.
2. Dig a trench from the footing to the inverter location and run underground wire in the trench.
3. Assemble a 60-foot monopole.
4. Pull electrical wire through the 60-foot wind tower and through the conduit of nacelle.
5. Hand-tighten the threaded connection of the nacelle to the pole.
6. Lock down the threaded connection of the nacelle to the pole with a chain wrench.
7. Make the wire connections in the nacelle.
8. Secure the tail vane with two bolts using a wrench.
9. Mount the blades on the shaft of the nacelle.
10. Tighten up the blades with a reverse threaded nut using a wrench.
11. Place covers on the center of the blades and the sides of the nacelle.
12. Connect guide wire to the wind tower and run it to the winch.
13. Using a winch, pull in the wire and guide the tower into the upright position.
14. Secure the tower to the base using bolts, nuts, and the wrench.