Brought to you by
How to Install Smart Smoke and CO Detectors
Ask - saboteamos.info master electrician Scott Caron installs smart smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Before any electrical work, always shut the power off at the main breaker.
- Program each smoke and CO detector following the instructions via the app. You can label each one by room description (kitchen, living room, etc.)
- Remove the old smoke detector from the ceiling with a flathead screwdriver. Hold on to the screws to reuse for the new plates.
- Cap the existing interconnect wire with a wire nut as it will no longer be needed.
- Connect the pigtail provided by the manufacturer to the house’s power supply. Cover with a wire nut.
- Install the new mounting plate to the electrical box, using the flathead screwdriver and the existing screws.
- Plug the smoke and CO detector in, then snap it into the mounting bracket.
- Repeat for all rooms in the house.
- Turn the power back on and test each device using the “test” button.
Read more about this project in Time for New Smoke Detectors?
Products and Services from this video
Nest Protect smart smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
Category: Safety & Security, Electronics, Electrical