How to Install a Sump Pump
In this how-to video, - saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva shows an effective way to combat basement flooding
In this video, - saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva shows how to avoid basement floods by correctly installing a sump pump.
1. Set sump basin upside down on basement floor; mark its outline on floor.
2. Use demolition hammer to chop through concrete floor.
3. Dig hole deep enough to set basin flush with floor.
4. Wrap the sump basin with filter fabric.
5. Set the basin in the hole.
6. Add several inches of gravel to basin.
7. Lay stone paver on top of gravel.
8. Set pump on top of paver.
9. Connect check valve and PVC pipe to pump; run pipe up a nearby wall.
10. Drill hole through house wall with hole saw.
11. Continue PVC pipe through wall and extend to the outdoors.
12. Mix concrete in trough using a hoe.
13. Fill in around the basin top with concrete; smooth the concrete with a pointed trowel.
14. Plug in pump, then test it by filling the basin with water.