How to Lay a Gravel Path
In this how-to video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook creates a rustic DIY gravel walkway
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook explains how to lay a gravel path.
DIY Gravel Walkway Steps:
1. Lay out garden hoses to represent the shape of the 3-foot-wide path.
2. Use shovel and edger to cut alongside the hoses to mark the walkway onto the ground; remove hoses when done.
3. Dig out 4 to 6 inches of topsoil from within the pathway area.
4. Cut any roots you encounter with loppers.
5. Install steel edging along the edges of path; tap in spikes to secure the edging.
6. Cut slots into 2x4 spreaders to span the path and hold the steel edging in position.
7. Line the excavated pathway with landscape fabric.
8. Cover the landscape fabric with 4 to 6 inches of pea gravel.
9. Smooth the gravel with a garden rake.