How to Manage Heat Gain and Loss Seasonally
- saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook with tips for saving energy
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shares tips for saving energy.
1. Plant deciduous trees to block sun and keep house cooler in summer.
2. Build a pergola or shade arbor to shield home from sun. Or, install awnings.
3. Install window air-conditioning units on north side of house.
4. Shade central air-conditioning units with shrubs.
5. Close doors leading to room with fireplace, and crack a window in the room.
6. Install a damper to top of chimney.
Close damper when not using the fireplace to prevent warm room air from escaping.