How to Move Shrubs Before Construction
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shows the correct way to move plants to a temporary location
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook moves plants to a temporary location out of the way of exterior renovations.
1. Take a pointed shovel and dig straight down just beyond the drip line all the way around the plant.
2. After cutting the roots around the plant, pull back on shovel to loosen the plant.
3. Lift up the plant and place it on top of a large burlap sheet.
4. Tie together the corners of the burlap sheet.
5. Use a long, thick string to tie the burlap tightly to the root ball.
6. Dig a shallow hole at the plant's new, temporary location.
7. Transport the plant to its new location with a plant dolly.
8. Drop the plant into the hole and water regularly.