How to Patch a Lawn
Repairing dead, damaged lawns with - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shows you how to patch a lawn.
Grass Patch Repair Steps:
1. Use shovel to dig out section of damaged lawn. Check for weak roots and poor soil.
2. Dig out 6 inches of poor soil.
3. Fill the excavated area with a mixture of topsoil, compost and sand.
4. Use a rake to spread and lightly compact the topsoil mixture.
5. Add more mixture and compact again; repeat until topsoil is 1 inch below grade.
6. Lay sod over the area, making sure to butt the pieces tightly together.
Cut the sod to fit using a snap-off utility knife.
7. Be sure to stagger the joints between courses of sod.
8. Water the sod twice a day for the first two weeks.