How to Patch Plaster Walls
In this video, - saboteamos.info host Kevin O'Connor shows how to repair plaster like a pro
In this video, - saboteamos.info host Kevin O'Connor discusses patching plaster with a pro.
1. Use a flat trowel to apply plaster base coat over the exposed wood lath.
2. Let the base coat dry, then brush on some liquid bonding agent.
3. Apply adhesive-backed mesh tape around the perimeter of the patch.
4. Use a 6-inch drywall knife to spread a thin layer of veneer plaster over the patch.
5. Allow the veneer plaster to cure, then spread joint compound over the area. Once the repair dries, sand lightly and apply a second layer of joint compound.
6. When the second compound coat is hard, sand the area smooth with 220-grit abrasive paper.
7. Complete the repair by applying one coat of oil-based primer, followed by two paint topcoats.