How to Plant a Raised Garden Bed
- saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shows how to properly plant an elevated garden
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shows how to properly plant an elevated garden.
1. Use a garden trowel to dig holes for plants no deeper than the root ball.
2. Pull the plants from their pots, and loosen compacted roots by hand.
3. Sprinkle a little starter fertilizer into the holes and mix a little more into the soil removed from the holes.
4. Set the plants into the holes, then backfill around them with amended soil; don't pack soil too tightly.
5. Arrange the taller plants along the rear of the bed, and put the shorter-growing plants in front. That way, taller plants won't block the sun from the other plants.
6. Thoroughly soak the garden with a watering wand.
7. Spread 2 inches of alfalfa straw around all the plants and over all bare soil.