How to Powerwash a Walkway
In this how-to video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook revives a dingy brick walkway
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook explains how to powerwash a walkway.
1. Attach a garden hose to the inlet port on the powerwasher.
2. Connect the spray-wand hose to the powerwasher.
3. Attach a low-pressure nozzle to spray wand.
4. Start the powerwasher, hold the nozzle a few inches from the walkway's surface, and squeeze the trigger.
5. Direct the spray of water at angle to the walkway, and away from yourself.
6. If the surface doesn't come clean, turn off the powerwasher and replace the low-pressure nozzle with a more-aggressive nozzle.
7. Continue spraying the remainder of the walkway.
8. In a bucket, mix a cleaning solution that's nine parts water and one part chlorine bleach.
9. Using a coarse-bristle brush, scrub the walkway with the bleach cleaning solution; repeat the scrubbing once a month to kill algae.
See products and services from this episode