How to Prevent Frozen and Burst Pipes
Ask - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey offers a few tips to keep water from freezing up in your pipes during the winter months
In this video, Ask - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey offers a few tips to keep water from freezing up in your pipes during the winter months.
1. To keep water from freezing on an outdoor spigot during the winter, shut off the water valve to the outdoor spigot.
2. Drain excess water from the pipe.
3. To prevent indoor pipes from freezing, cover exposed pipes with foam insulation. It comes in long strips and can be cut down to size with a utility knife.
4. Use cable ties to tie down pipe heating cable for any pipes that may need extra heat to stay fluid.
5. If pipes under a sink are on an outdoor-facing wall, open up the cabinet doors to let heat from the house flow underneath the sink.
6. On extremely cold days, leave at least one sink on a slow drip to keep water moving in the pipes.