How to Repair a Broken Stair Tread
- saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva reveals his quick fix for cracked wooden steps
In this video, - saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva reveals his quick fix for cracked wooden stair treads.
1. Use tapered bit to drill three holes into the edge of the cracked stair tread.
Hold layout square on tread to ensure straight, level holes.
2. Pull on front edge of tread to open crack.
3. Inject carpenter's glue into the crack, then wiggle tread to work glue down into crack.
4. Smear glue onto tapered dowels, and then tap them into the holes with a hammer.
5. Wipe off excess glue with clean, damp cloth.
6. File the ends of the dowels flush with the stair tread.