How to Replace a Dishwasher
In this how-to video, learn to install a dishwasher with - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey
In this video, - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey explains how to replace a dishwasher.
1. Turn off the electricity to the dishwasher at the main electrical panel.
2. Remove the access panel from the lower front of the dishwasher and disconnect the electrical wiring.
3. Turn off the water to the dishwasher at the shut-off valve.
4. Disconnect the copper water-supply line from the dishwasher; drain excess water from the line into a shallow pan.
5. Disconnect the drain line from the dishwasher.
6. Open the dishwasher and back out the screws holding it to the underside of the counter.
7. Slide out the old dishwasher.
8. Drill 1-inch hole through cabinet; feed soft copper tubing through hole into sink cabinet.
9. Use adjustable wrench to attach copper tubing to hot-water shut-off valve inside sink cabinet.
10. Disconnect old drain line from the garbage disposer.
11. Tape hot-water line and electrical cable to floor; slide new dishwasher into place.
12. Bend the copper line using a tubing bender.
13. Cut tubing to length and attach it to the dishwasher with a compression fitting.
14. Secure electrical wiring with twist-on wire connectors.
15. Use stainless-steel hose clamp to connect new drain hose to side of garbage disposer.
16. Screw dishwasher to underside of countertop.