How to Replace a Garage Door Opener
Ask - saboteamos.info master electrician Scott Caron replaces an old garage door opener with a smart opener
- Turn the power off to the garage at the circuit panel.
- Unplug the existing garage door opener. Loosen the brackets securing it to the ceiling and gently lower it down.
- Use the open-ended adjustable wrench to loosen the bracket and remove the bracket on the door and the bracket above the door.
- Install the bracket that comes with the garage door opener over the garage door using the screw gun.
- Slide the track into the bracket and secure with the wrench.
- Screw the new motor into the existing brackets in the ceiling using the wrench.
- Connect the lifting arm from the door to the track.
- Wire the keypad into the wall on the inside of the garage.
- Run the wire through a conduit and connect it to the garage door opener motor.
- On the outside of the garage, mount the wireless keypad using the screw gun.
- Mount the electric eyes about 6” from the floor on the inside of the garage.
- Plug the motor into an outlet and turn the power back on.
Resources: Everything else Scott used to install the garage door opener, including the pliers and the drill, are available at .