How to Replace a Pedestal Sink Pop-Up Assembly
- saboteamos.info plumbing and heating contractor Richard Trethewey replaces an old, faulty pop-up drain
In this video, - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating contractor Richard Trethewey replaces an old, faulty pop-up drain.
1. Close the sink's hot- and cold-water shut-off valves.
2. Disconnect the hot- and cold-water supply lines.
3. Remove the toggle bolts securing the sink bowl to the wall.
4. Use wrench to disconnect drainpipe behind pedestal.
5. Pull the pedestal away from wall and lift off sink.
6. Remove and save the trap from the sink.
7. Loosen the nut holding the tailpiece to the sink.
8. Put bead of plumber's putty around new pop-up assembly.
9. Insert the new pop-up assembly to sink's drain hole.
10. Tighten nut on underside of sink; remove excess putty from inside of sink.
11. Re-attach the trap and stand the pedestal and sink back into position.
12. Bolt sink back to wall.
13. Make final plumbing connections, including sink trap.
14. Open the shut-off valves and check for leaks.