How to Save Water in a Desert Backyard
Ask - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook replaces a water-guzzling lawn with a desert appropriate alternative
- Remove plants that require too much water.
- To make it easier to remove shrubs, use a good pair of loppers to cut down to the stump, then dig out the stump with a shovel.
- Hire a professional to remove any trees that need to be taken down.
- Install drip irrigation to keep plants watered more efficiently.
- Structure plantings around the drip irrigation system to use less water.
Special assistance with this project was provided by Mat Baroudi of and the .