How to Split Firewood
- saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shares a quick tip to make wood splitting easier
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shares a quick tip to make wood splitting easier.
1. Set the log to be split on top of a chopping block.
2. Tightly wrap a bungee cord around the bottom third of the log. If necessary, extend the reach of the bungee with a length of plastic chain.
3. Split the log into at least four pieces using a maul. The bungee cord will hold the log together and prevent the split pieces of firewood from falling off the chopping block.
4. Carry the split log over to the firewood pile, then disconnect and remove the bungee cord.