How to Trim a Coat Closet
Ask - saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva trims a coat closet by installing a clothes rod and shelf
In this video, Ask - saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva trims a coat closet by installing a clothes rod and shelf.
1. Use a stud finder to locate studs in the closet walls.
2. Cut three pieces of 1x5 pine to measured length using the miter saw.
3. Nail pine pieces together using a nail gun or hammer to assemble the shelf cleat.
4. Screw the two clothes-rod brackets to opposite ends of the cleat assembly using a driver.
5. Measure 5'4" off the floor and draw a straight line across all three sides using a level.
6. Dab construction adhesive with the caulk gun to the inside of the wall where the cleat will sit.
7. Line up the cleat to match the top of the level line.
8. Nail the cleat to the studs using a nail gun or hammer.
9. Cut the clothes rod to measured length using a reciprocating saw.
10. Measure across the top of the cleat to figure out the desired length for shelf.
11. Mark the measurement on 1x12 pine and cut it to length using the miter saw.
12. Place the pine shelf on top of the cleat and nail it to the cleat using a nail gun or hammer.