Table Saw Safety
- saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva shares tips for cutting safely at the table saw
In this video, - saboteamos.info general contractor Tom Silva shares tips for cutting safely at the table saw.
1. To protect fingers from accidentally coming in contact with the blade, always use the blade guard.
2. Prevent dangerous kickback by using the splitter and pawls.
3. Use an outfeed extension when cutting long boards.
4. Install a featherboard to the saw table to help keep the board tight to rip fence.
5. Always use a pushstick when making narrow cuts.
6. Never use the rip fence when making crosscuts.
7. Use a miter gauge for crosscuts; never guide a board with miter gauge and rip fence simultaneously.