Testing the Newest Low-consumption Toilets
Ask - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey travels to a plumbing facility in New Jersey to learn about advances in toilet engineering that help save water
- A series of tests are performed on new designs of toilets to ensure they are achieving their goal of minimizing water usage without compromising their cleaning and waste-disposal abilities.
- First, prototypes are created and tested to measure water usage.
- Once the prototype passes a series of water usage tests, a real model is built and put through an additional series of tests.
- One test measures the distance the low-flow toilet is able to move waste material.
- Another test measures the quantity of material, both big and small, that can be flushed down the toilet.
- Another test ensures that the bowl remains clean after every flush.
Richard toured the . The toilet with two flush valves for better bowl cleaning is part of the VorMax collection.