Tools to Clear Away Fall Leaves
- saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shows you the best ways to get rid of leaves for any size yard.
In this video, - saboteamos.info landscape contractor Roger Cook shows the best ways to collect leaves for any size yard.
1. Use leaf rake to rake leaves into a pile.
2. Rake leaves onto a plastic tarp, then drag the leaves over to the compost pile.
3. If collecting leaves for town pick up, dump the leaves into a paper bag. Use a cardboard collar to hold the bag open.
4. Use portable leaf blower to corral leaves into a pile. This type of tool is best for clearing small yards, driveways, patios and walkways.
5. For medium-size yards, use a walk-behind, gas-powered leaf blower.
6. Use a walk-behind power vacuum to collect and shred leaves. When the collection bag is full, dump the leaves into the compost pile.
7. A heavy-duty leaf vacuum attaches to a riding lawnmower and has an impeller that grinds up leaves, reducing them to a 10-to-1 ratio.