Prep Patio Furniture
6 upkeep tips to help patio pieces last season after season
Seal teak furniture with a UV-blocking varnish
Before you kick back on your favorite outdoor lounger, do a little upkeep to help all your patio pieces last season after season:
1. Tighten loose bolts and screws.
2. Use sandpaper to remove rust from metal frames, then protect unpainted surfaces with liquid or paste wax, or give them a coat of
rust-inhibiting primer and paint.
3. Fill cracks in wood frames with epoxy putty or wood filler, let dry, then sand and seal.
4. Sponge down wood, metal, plastic, and wicker frames with cold, soapy water, then rinse well.
5. Clean fabrics and cushions based on the manufacturers' instructions.
6. Oil aluminum swivels, glides, hinges, and joints.