How to Install a Water Conditioner
Ask - saboteamos.info plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey installs a water conditioner to combat hard water
$1000 and Up
- Before doing any work on the plumbing system, ensure that water is turned off at the main shutoff.
- Locate an area on the wall near the water main where the citric-acid conditioner can be installed. Ensure the location has enough clearance for the filters to be easily changed.
- Locate studs in the wall and mount a piece of scrap wood to the structure to serve as a backer for the conditioner using a drill driver and screws.
- Assemble the citric-acid conditioner using the instructions with the kit. Screw the mounting brackets to the heads of the filter, then attach the unit into the plywood backer board on the wall.
- Measure, cut, and dry fit the pipes to connect the main water line to the conditioner. Cut the pipes with the pipe cutter and clean the ends with sandpaper before dry fitting.
- Disassemble the pieces, apply flux to the pipe and fittings, and then solder the connections.
- Install the cartridges to the filter. The carbon filter should be installed immediately downstream from the main water shutoff, and the citric-acid conditioner should be installed downstream from that. The kit comes with a wrench that can tighten the cartridge to the filter.
- Turn the water back on and check for leaks.
Products and Services from this video
Expert assistance installing a water conditioner
Category: Plumbing, Faucets & Fixtures, Appliances, Side Trip
Installing a citrus water conditioner
Category: Appliances, Plumbing, Faucets & Fixtures